Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween '09

Let's see...Ava's fifth Halloween and Charlie's first! Ava decided she wanted to be a bride this year (a coincidence that this decision came shortly after her little neighbor told her she was going as a bride? I think not). :) Anyway, this meant wearing the dress from an angel costume we already had and forgoing the halo and wings...she was happy, and I didn't have to purchase anything new...a win-win situation. Charlie got to wear a friend's costume from the previous year, so that worked for me, too. (And he wore it just long enough to get a couple of pictures, which is all that really matters at this age anyway).
Ava got a few opportunities to wear hers, though:

First, we went to the annual trick-or-treating at our grocery store with our good friends:

It's a fun time, and they give out good stuff, like apples, carrot sticks, string cheese, cookies and milk - I think only one candy bar in the whole lot. (Don't worry, we got PLENTY of those on the actual Halloween).

Next, she got to wear her costume to preschool on Friday - I don't have a great group shot, but here is one of her in the classroom. They made pumpkin cookies and had a little party with the other class.


And then on Halloween, Charlie modeled his costume briefly:




And Ava got dressed up and went trick-or-treating with some of the neighbors:


Charlie, Oma and I handed out candy until Ava came home and took over!


No comments: