Monday, November 1, 2010

Sibling love

It's been such a long time since I've posted, and not for lack of material; Ben and Katie's wedding was the highlight of our last month - unfortunately, I don't have any of my own pictures from the event, so I might have to copy and paste some of the ones I've received online. Also, Halloween involved a full week of photo opportunities, between dressing up for dance class, school and trick-or-treating.
But, for now, I thought I'd devote a post to the sweet relationship between Ava and Charlie. Literally every day, I am amazed at the unconditional love that Ava gives her little brother. I always imagined that she would be a great big sister, and most likely a little "mother hen," but I never could have imagined her unending patience and understanding with all of his toddler antics. And she doesn't just tolerate him, she actually seeks him out throughout the day to play with him and read to him. You can see how rewarding it is for her when he snuggles into her lap or gives her hugs and kisses (and how sad she feels when he insists on Mommy instead). Here are a few shots from the last month...

In their favorite reading nook (under my computer desk)


Reading after breakfast


Love this one!


I love seeing their different eye colors together


Yup, more reading...


Visiting Ava's classroom


Charlie was NOT happy to be in his costume last night - this is the best we could do! (Oh, and I don't know how to rotate it, because it wasn't on my camera!) :) But, you get the idea...

No comments: