Monday, December 6, 2010

The First Thanksgiving (at our house, anyway)

With smaller turnouts for the Walkers and Reiters in Eau Claire, we decided this might be our chance to host Thanksgiving dinner at our house. Ava was excited to have everyone come to us, and even though we missed some of our favorite peeps (Grandma Lois, Grandma Reiter, Ben and Katie especially), it was a fun day. There was the small issue of our cable fading in and out all day long - if you know Joe, he's not much for panicking, but when Thanksgiving day football is at stake, let's just say he was on the phone with Comcast fast (not that it helped - it didn't really get better til Sunday...) Anyway, it feels good to have a Thanksgiving meal under my belt (I actually meant that figuratively, but I guess it's kind of a pun, huh?), although I had LOTS of help from Joe, my mom and Cheryl. Still, I think we can all agree that I'm officially a grown-up now!

Here are a few pictures:

The place card (lovingly made by Ava) says "Michael," not "Millie." Good try, though.


Time to eat!


Ava and her insatiable desire to play Skip-Bo (I don't know where she gets it!)


Playing games after dinner (I think Kate called her her "human blanket." :)

No comments: