Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend at Grandma & Grandpa's!

What a big girl! Mark & Cheryl picked Ava up Friday morning and kept her til Sunday afternoon. She did great. I, on the other hand, suffered from a bit of separation anxiety, but it decreased as the weekend went on, and I heard how well she was doing. Her grandma and grandpa kept her busy with the Children's Museum, eating out, visiting great-grandma Twila and great-grandpa Bud, and going to Irvine Park, among other things. They tell me she didn't ask for us all weekend! (I could be offended, but I choose to believe she is just a secure & well-adjusted child...) :) While Ava was busy in Eau Claire, Joe and I crammed in as much fun as we could with our newfound (albeit temporary) freedom to come and go as we pleased! We went to dinner, played trivia & watched the Brewers at Buffalo Wild Wings, went to the horse races at Canterbury, played tennis, and checked out a great bar in St. Paul called the Chatterbox Pub, where we played Atari, Nintendo and a bunch of board games! We also managed to get some work done on our bathrooms...just two sinks and a couple of medicine cabinets and light fixtures left to install.
I was beside myself with excitement to see Ava on Sunday afternoon...we met in Hudson and had dinner before Mark & Cheryl headed back to Eau Claire. I got in lots of extra kisses and snuggles, but other than that, things seem to be pretty much back to normal. We are all looking forward to doing this again!

A couple of silly shots from the week!

2 comments:

Jen said...

T-
I'm so excited that you have a blog now!! I love it.

Ava is beautiful and getting too big!

I miss you guys!

xoxo
Jen

Buenzli Twins said...

Tammy,

It's great to see pictures on Ava and you all. Our twins are doing great. The girls are 5 weeks old already. Glad to see you are doing well and I agree that the blog is a great way to keep everyone updated. Take care, Erin Buenzli