Sunday, September 21, 2008

Flower Girl!

Ava got to be a part of John and Cassie's wedding this weekend, as one of the flower girls! She had a pretty good concept of what this meant, as she got to do it for Emily and Danny's wedding last year. Still, it's always a gamble with a two (now three) year-old! Everything went really smoothly, though, even though the ceremony was smack in the middle of naptime! It ended up working out perfectly, since she was able to go back to Oma & Opa's house for a late nap after the ceremony and could then stay up later for the reception. Here are some pictures from the day...


Ava and her "co-flower girl," Natalie. Natalie will be five this fall, and she and Ava became fast friends!


Passing the last few minutes before "showtime!"


Posing for some pictures. I have to give her credit for her patience with all of the poses & shots. By the last ones, though, the smile was getting a little goofy-looking!


Showtime!


Having a blast at the reception! Ava, Natalie, and another new friend named Savannah, danced like crazy. Ava was so tired by around 9:30, and that's when we headed back to Oma & Opa's. As I buckled her into her carseat, she said: "I want to stay at the wedding all the day long. I want to take my nap there. I want to have lunch there..." And it went on a bit from there, but suffice it to say, she had a great time! :)

No comments: